At Marathon Kids, we will not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information—including email address, physical address and phone number—with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, regardless of how the donor’s information was collected (online or offline). No action is required by donors to Marathon Kids to have their information protected by this policy. For more information, please see below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• How We Use the Information We Collect
• How We Share Your Information
• Your Choices
• Security of Information Collected
• Ability to Modify or Delete Your Information
• Third Party Websites
• Contact Us
When you sign up to volunteer, donate online, or register yourself or your school for our program, we ask that you provide contact information which may include: name, mailing address, email address, your birth month and year, the name, age and gender of the runners in your family, and password.
We may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties in order to provide you with information, services or goods you have requested, and to enhance our ability to serve you. We may combine the information we receive from those other sources with information we collect through the app. In those cases, we will apply this Privacy Notice to the combined information.
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you interact with this app (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the app, and the time of day you interacted with the app, among other information. Usage Information also includes the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the app. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the app.
The methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include the following:
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to interact with the app. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences. If you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of the app or our content may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into an e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In addition, we may use information collected through the app, including your personal information and Usage Information, to:
- enable and allow you to participate in features and services we offer or to provide related customer service, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints, or comments;
- operate, evaluate or improve the app and our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, and any digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- anonymize personal information and prepare and furnish aggregated data reports showing anonymized information (including, but not limited to, the following: compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes;
- contact you with regard to our services, or your use of the app, and, in our discretion, changes to the app policies or functionality;
- protect against, address and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and enforce legal and contract obligations;
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over us or an affiliate; and
comply with industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal information and Usage Information as follows:
- We may share information with third party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, those that offer, host or operate the app.
- We may share information to comply with law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena in compliance with applicable privacy laws, or at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
- We may share information to enforce our agreement with you.
- We may share information to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- We may share information in relation to the sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially all of Marathon Kids’ assets or shares by a third party.
- We may share information with other third parties with your consent.
- We may share Usage Information and other aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research and other purposes.
We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or Site features. Your choices include the following:
- You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish with Marathon Kids It may take up to two (2) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies.
Security of Information Collected
Our Website has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. We use encryption to help protect the transmission of personal information from you to to us in this app. Any online credit card transactions are processed through PCI compliant merchant services. We do not store your credit card information in-house at any time. You are welcome to visit our site without providing any personal information.
Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user ID and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We will not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see http://donottrack.us/
Because we may include third party advertising and may link to social media sites, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Ability to Modify or Delete Your Information
As a registered user, you may modify registration information by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in archives for a period of time. You may request to delete any personal information we possess by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Third Party Websites
The app contains links to other websites and may use services provided by third parties. These websites and services may operate independently from us. Linked websites and third party service providers may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites or use any third party services. To the extent any linked websites you visit or third party services are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ or the third party services’ content, any use of the websites or the third party services, or the privacy practices of the websites or the third party service providers.