Together, Let's get kids active
Answer the questions below, and we'll define strategies to meet your program's needs.
How will you implement our program to meet your needs?
As a Run Club
Before/after school or community-based organization
In the Classroom or During PE Class
PE class and active time during homeroom
Throughout the School Day
Before/after school, PE class, recess, and/or virtually
Parents log miles from home
What types of physical activity will you count towards mileage?
Whether your participants complete laps or minutes of heart-pumping activity, it all counts towards mileage.
Walking and Running
- You will be asked to set your lap distance.
- Calculate the distance of one lap around your track, field, or wherever your participants will run.
- To capture effort, laps can be manually added or recorded by using the scanner app.
FUN FACT: If you have multiple programs, you can add more than one track for each specific program to run reports to view the data (i.e. PE track, run club track).
- We count 20 minutes of heart-pumping activity as one mile.
- You will see two auto-populated activities for 10 minutes and 20 minutes. You can adjust or add more.
- Heart-pumping activities could be warmups, exercises, games, sports, etc.
- To capture effort, minutes can be manually added or recorded by using the scanner app.
Do you know who will participate?
- A program with 0-75 participants, we suggest utilizing the Manual Entry feature.
This is great for adding a new and smaller number of participants.
- A program with 75 or more participants, we suggest utilizing the Add in Bulk feature.
Download the template to add a large number of participants.
You will need to use the Recruitment feature. It will generate an online registration form to recruit participants.
Who will help you manage your program?
You can invite supporters to help manage and support your program like co-workers and volunteers.
- Manage Data
- Pull Reports
- "Start Live Session" on the scanning app
- Join a Session
- And More!
How are you planning to organize the ID cards?
All participants will have an auto-generated personal ID Card (QR code) to track individual efforts.
Be sure to download Marathon Kids Connect App to be able to scan for completed laps and active minutes.
You print the 4"x3" ID cards from your account.
Check out some helpful tips for organizing ID cards!
steps to create a club
Here is a checklist with links to help articles that are full of advice and information to support you.
Step 1: Create an Account
Step 2: Season Setup
Do: Name Season and Set Start/End Date
Do: Add Classes and Participants
Watch: Add Classes
Read: Add Participants
Step 3: Customize Your Program
Step 4: Download the Scanning App
If you have any questions about the platform, please visit our Help Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here to help you!