HELPING PARENTS STAY CONNECTED
This year students are challenged to conquer 104.8 miles, little by little, day by day with the Marathon Kids Program. All physical activity counts: running, walking, and any kind of heart-pumping activity.
You’ve been invited by your school to follow your child’s journey and submit miles from home. Parents play a key role in helping their child reach 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
Step 1: Create your account.
- Check your email for your invitation to follow your child’s progress. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you can’t find it, email the PE teacher to resend the invite.
- Create your account by clicking the START HERE button from your email.
- Verify your account by checking your email. Click ACTIVATE.
- Login to your Marathon Kids account to claim your child.
- Select your child’s name(s) on the left-hand side of your screen.
Step 2: Help your child go farther! Submit miles and minutes to the Coach.
The coach will receive notifications and approve miles submitted by parents.
- Click on the “Log Miles” icon on the bottom of your screen.
- Select the date, then enter the number of miles and click the “Send to your coach for approval” button
- Examples of what you can submit to a coach:
- Walks, hikes, or jogs in the neighborhood, park, or any location you’ve got in .25 increments.
- Any heart-pumping activity (20 minutes equals one mile)
- Check out our resources to help conquer miles at home.
Step 3: Reward and Celebrate
Shop the eStore for low-cost incentives to celebrate mileage milestones. The eStore icon is in the bottom right corner of your dashboard.