Marathon Kids provides a simple way for coaches and supporters to raise money for their run club via the Crowdrise platform. The money raised through the platform comes back to the club as a coupon that can be used for registration costs of the club. This provides an easy and effective way for the community to support the club.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my club receive all funds raised?
- 95% of all funds donated will come to your run club via a coupon code.
- 5% covers credit card transaction and fundraising platform fees.
- If current year registrations don’t use the full amount raised, the balance rolls forward as credit for next season.
- Are donations tax dedutible?
- Your supporters will receive a receipt that documents the donation.
- Can I see who made a donation?
- Crowdrise’s platform will notify you when someone makes a donation. It also provides reporting so you can see all the people who donated, the date, and the amount at any time.
- How will people find out about my fundraising?
- Crowdrise provides easy to use tools so you can promote your run club and fundraiser on social media and via email.
- People who see your messages click on a link and come straight to your fundraising page where they can learn more and make a donation.
- What should I write in the registration form?
- About Your Fundraiser
- Consider something specific about your goals or reasons for leading a run club
- If you’ve done a run club in the past, mention the feedback you got from the children or parents.
- You can use the following to help get you started. If you use this, we do recommend you add personal details to the copy.
- About Your Fundraiser
Please support our run club for children at [YOUR SCHOOL/ORGANIZATION/LOCATION NAME]. I’ve chosen to lead a Marathon Kids run club because it works for any kid, at any fitness level. Kids set goals and track progress towards the 104.8 miles. And for a little extra motivation, they earn Nike rewards at each marathon along the way. Every kid deserves the chance to be happy and healthy. That’s why Marathon Kids provides the tools, motivation and support to help get kids active. Every $20 donated gets another child into the club and on their journey to 104.8 miles. Let’s get them running!
- Personal photos of you or your previous run club seasons work best
- Consider a picture of your school or organization if you don’t have a picture of yourself or runners from previous seasons.
- The Crowdrise platform provides a tool to easily make the picture the right size for the page, so no photo editing needed.