Marathon Kids is excited to announce a new grant opportunity for out-of-school time programs for spring/summer 2018. Marathon Kids’ evidence-based program uses the fun social environment of a running club to increase current physical activity levels while empowering participants to adopt lifelong healthy behaviors.
Additional information about Marathon Kids running clubs can be found in our FAQs here.
START APPLICATION HERE
Steps to Apply
1 – Download and read through the Marathon Kids Pre-Registration Packet (10 minutes).
2 – Apply for the Marathon Kids Running Club Grant by midnight on Friday, February 9th, 2018 (10-15 minutes). Only applications submitted via the grant portal (accessible below) will be accepted.
- All out-of-school time (including summer) programs in the United States are eligible to apply for the Marathon Kids Running Club Grant. Programs not directly operated by a school or district will be given priority.
- Programs that have previously participated in Marathon Kids are required to complete past seasons’ Finisher Surveys to be considered for the Marathon Kids Running Club Grant.
Application & Implementation Timeline
- Grant applications accepted from Jan. 9th – Feb. 9th, 2018
- Grant notifications will be made via email by Feb. 16th, 2018
- Granted programs must register their running club by March 2nd, 2018
- All run club seasons must be completed by August 31st, 2018
Granted Programs Receive
The cost to Marathon Kids to develop, offer, and deliver the program is $15 + shipping/handling per participant. Grantees receive funding in the form of a coupon code redeemable at marathonkids.org. Award amounts will vary.
The Marathon Kids program includes:
- Running club curriculum available digitally (Coach’s Guide, Session Cards, Mileage Logs and trackers, and more)
- Exclusive Nike rewards for each participant
- Resources for up to four additional volunteers and/or assistant Coaches
- Direct customer service and guidance from the Marathon Kids team
- Resources to involve parents, administrators, and community members
Expectations for Grant Recipients
- Share updates about your running club’s progress on social media with #marathonkids
- Completion rates for each marathon milestone (amount of marathon milestones varies based on season set-up): 1st: 100%; 2nd: 75%; 3rd: 50%; 4th: 25%
- Engage 75% of your runners parents into the Pacer’s Club
- Complete Marathon Kids Finisher Survey at the conclusion of the program
Please contact email@example.com with questions.